I am always looking for healthy snacks that my kids will eat. These are great, easy to make, healthy recipes that the whole family loves. Even the kids can help make them.
2 cups dates
3/4 cup macadamia nuts
1/4 cup almonds
1 tbs cocoa powder
Paste from 1/2 vanilla bean pod
1 tbs chai seeds
- Process all ingredients except the coconut in a food processor until the dates and nuts are crumb size pieces.
- Remove from the food processor and shape into small balls.
- Roll the balls in coconut.
- Store in the fridge.
5 ripe bananas
1/4 cup organic cold pressed olive, safflower or sunflower oil
1/2 cup honey or rice syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
2 tbs raising agent (allergy free baking soda)
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Place dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- In another bowl, stir mashed banana, oil, honey, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Combine the two bowls together.
- Place into muffin trays.
- Bake for 20mins at 200 degrees (or 15mins for mini muffins)