This year, the Inspire Team has decided to support the Bloody Long Walk. The Challenge is a 35km walk from Palm Beach to Manly on the 8th September.
We are fundraising to help find a cure for Mto. Mito (Mitocondria Disease) is a genetic disorder that occurs when the mitochondria in the cells don't produce enough energy for the body to function properly. Symptoms effect each person differently. They range from mild to severe, they can begin at any age and can effect one or more organs. There is currently no known cure for Mito.
Our team will be following the Intermediate training plan. This plan starts with a base of 9kms and we will increase the length gradually.
Each weekend we will plan a walk. These walks will be around Sydney and we will aim to walk either Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning. Join our Facebook group for latest updates on the training walks.
There’s a few things you may need before you start walking
- Good quality, comfortable shoes
- Take water and a few healthy snacks on your walks
- Cross train during the week in between walks
- Listen to your body and don’t keep going if you’re not comfortable.
- We’ll throw in some Yoga and Pilates to make sure you’re stretching
- We'll plan to complete the weekly long walk together. There will also be shorter walks to complete during each week.
The Training Plan
Weekly Long Walk
Queenscliff to Shelley Beach
Dee Why Surf Club to Long Reef (Out and back)
Collaroy to Manly Coastal Walk (One Way)
Huntleys Point to Balmain
Lyre Bird and Middle Harbour Track (Out and Back)
Manly to Spit walk
Bondi to Maroubra
North Head via Blue Fish Track (Loop)
Sunday September 8th
The Bloody Long Walk
We would love for you to join us on any of the training walks, the main event, or donate to help find a cure for Mito.
Click on our team page for more information.
Looking forward to walking with you!
Leanne and Liama